Pages

Friday, December 2, 2016

CAS Watercolour Card Challenge - December


Welcome to a new month of CAS Watercolour Card Challenges. This month we are focusing on Watercolour Resist.

Here is my sample - working on those holiday cards:


I embossed the poinsettia image with gold embossing powder and then painted over the flower with my Gansai Tombi watercolors. I cut out the tag with my Pretty Pink Posh tag die and then stamped the sentiment from WPlus9 in green ink. I decided to emboss the card base with an embossing folder for some added texture but keeping all that lovely white space!

I hope you will join us this month!  Thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Heat Embossed and watercoloured main image Harriet. I love how your dry embossed background adds texture and interest, but keeps your card CAS. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful focal image in the red and gold! And I love the idea of adding the embossed texture to all of the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gold embossed and watercolour poinsettia is gorgeous Harriet. Love your design with the dry embossed background, adding so much dimension and texture ... along with the sweet tag. Great design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! This is stunning! I love the textured background and the stamp in gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your embossed background Harriet. Gorgeous poinsettia in the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your embossed white space, Hariett, and that poinsettia resist tag is gorgeous! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gold and red looks gorgeous So happy to be the Guest designer at CAS watercolor challenge

    ReplyDelete